- Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of specialized and complex research and laboratory tests and procedures. Uses independent judgment in applying or adapting scientific techniques.
- May assist in protocol design.
- Investigates and proposes alternative experimental procedures for consideration by a principal investigator.
- Assists in planning and scheduling research procedures.
- Analyzes and interprets results of studies.
- Demonstrates and trains others in the proper use/operation of laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Calibrates, troubleshoots and performs routine repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Reviews literature for related research developments and techniques and compiles findings.
- Monitors laboratory processes to maintain quality assurance standards.
- Records results of studies, compiles and analyzes data and prepares charts and graphs.
- Monitors the handling, storage and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field and two years of research experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed