The Carter Center is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1982 in Atlanta, GA, by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, in partnership with Emory University. The Center has helped to improve millions of lives in more than 80 countries by waging peace, fighting disease, and building hope. The Carter Center is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering. It seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
The Carter Center collaborates with other organizations, public or private, in carrying out its mission around the world. Current information about the Center’s many programs and activities are available at The Carter Center.
The Development Information Systems Specialist, Sr. is responsible for maintaining constituent biographical records and entering and recording donations in support of high-volume fundraising activities. Incumbent uses knowledge of donor database systems to ensure that donor and gift information is accurate and up to date.
- Five or more years of donation processing (gift batching) experience.
- Strong collaborative problem solving and analytical skills, positive attitude and ability to work in a team setting are essential.
- Applicant should be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong expertise working with donor databases (e.g. DMI, Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online), Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Responsible for recording gifts received and/or creating, maintaining, and updating constituent biographical records in support of University and Healthcare development activities in high-volume office that processes more than 50,000 gifts annually and maintains a constituent records database of 500,000+ entities.
- Uses knowledge of relational database concepts, CRM system requirements, and referential integrity to ensure that donor and gift information is accurate and up to date.
- Manages customer requests using enterprise wide service request software (Service Now).
- Gift records processing consists of accurately determining donor intent and gift purpose in recording gift checks and other giving instruments in the donor records CRM system (AWA) by reviewing relevant documentation and CRM data; processing gifts and records entries in a timely manner; obtaining complete and accurate donor information and intent from development officers, donors, and alumni; and generating gift receipts and pledge reminders and reviewing for accuracy.
- Uses CRM database tools and spreadsheet functions to ensure gift batches are accurate and reconciled.
- Processes gifts, pledges, and deferred gifts in accordance with Emory policies, IRS regulations, and FASB and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education guidelines.
- Biographical records involve performing biographical updates and maintaining data integrity through use of relational database functions, Structured Query Language (SQL) queries, and spreadsheet formulas & functions to ensure that records are logical and consistent.
- Researches current address, employment, and other biographical information using technological resources including Lexis-Nexis and other online demographic tools and databases.
- Reviews data function and query results for accuracy and makes appropriate corrections; performs biographic updates and data cleansing in AWA.
- Works with Director of Development Records and University Technology Services programmers to determine areas of concern by using database tools and data logic and helps develop functions to alert and correct issues.
- Works with customers to ensure that data integrity standards are followed. Performs related responsibilities as required.
A high school diploma or equivalent and four years of senior office administration experience, involving multi-tasking, composing communications, and effectively utilizing internet resources. A bachelor's degree or college coursework will be considered on an equivalent basis in lieu of office support experience. Good basic math skills and analytical abilities required. Strong computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Word and Excel.