The Task Force for Global Health is an Emory University affiliate located in Decatur, GA, and is seeking an Operations Coordinator to support facility maintenance, emergency operations preparedness, and construction management for Integrate Program Services (IPS).
- Perform general facilities repairs, troubleshooting, and coordination with contractors and vendors.
- Perform meeting room set ups, operations support for meetings, and meeting room clean up.
- Support mail and package sorting and delivery and general mailroom operations.
- Monitor parking regulations for vehicles parked on Task Force grounds.
- Stock supplies and monitor inventory levels.
- Perform daily operations checklist.
- Facilitate office moves, rearrangements, etc.
- Responds to tenant needs and coordinates with staff to resolve problems.
- Responds to all problems and concerns and ensures compliance with rules and regulations.
- Assures optimal functioning of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, elevators, plumbing, electrical, elevator, painting, parking lot surfaces, security gates, landscaping, recycling materials, off and on-site storage, etc.) and security systems.
- Performs regular inspections of property. Recommends and directs alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary.
- Addresses issues related to safety, security and parking
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for maintenance and
emergency operations that can be used by facilities staff. Areas will include, but are not limited to:
- chiller operations,
- life safety systems,
- day-to-day operations and emergency response.
- SOP’s will be developed by conducting research, interviews, review of existing SOP’s, and site visits.
- Assist in the maintenance of job file system. Files include those of individual subcontractors, vendors, projects, change orders, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs special analyses and other duties assigned.
- Participates fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Manages building operations. Sets up and maintains equipment and seating for classroom presentations.
- Reviews requests for space needs and modifications.
- Oversees security of rooms and building by locking and unlocking doors.
- May perform routine, minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry or other maintenance repairs for department.
- Follows established safety and performance standards in compliance with organizational and federal guidelines to ensure a safe work environment.
- Oversees departmental equipment and coordinates repairs. Monitors inventory of supplies.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years of experience in facilities management.