Compensation Consultant / Sr Compensation Consultant
JOB DESCRIPTION -
Emory University seeks experienced compensation professionals to serve as a front-line consultant to Emory business units providing project management support for compensation practices associated with base pay and job design. Opportunities and duties that exist within these roles include:
- Responding to internal client inquiries which may include ad-hoc market pricing requests, analysis of compensation issues, internal equity reviews, classification requests and special pay analyses.
- Collaborating with business unit leadership and HR management to assess and understand unique business needs.
- Advising clients on the appropriate use of Emory's classification system, such as suggesting appropriate classifications based on job content, scope and market data; determining appropriate alternatives and solutions that meet Emory policy and business unit needs, as appropriate.
- Benchmarking compensation practices to peer institutions. May price jobs in the external labor market based on job content.
- Managing small projects.
- Developing materials for and leading compensation related training classes as needed.
- Monitoring trends related to human resource management, the labor market and pay practices.
- Participating in the development and achievement of departmental short and long-term objectives.
- Maintaining professional development by participating in educational programs and professional organizations and by networking with other compensation and human resources professionals.
- Performing related responsibilities as required.
SENIOR LEVEL SPECIFICS -
- Acts as the lead for advising Compensation staff. May serve as a back-up to the Director of Compensation, as needed.
- Assists in developing and implementing compensation strategies at the business unit level.
- Builds financial and costing models.
- Independently manages complex projects. Leads the review and revision of designated policies.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills are a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Sr. Compensation Consultant must have six years of professional HR experience which includes four years as a compensation analyst/consultant or equivalent role.
- Compensation Consultant must have four years of professional HR experience which includes two years as a compensation analyst/consultant or equivalent role.
- Higher education experience is a plus.
- Compensation experience in a healthcare/clinical environment is a plus.
- CCP and/or SPHR preferred.