- Directs, manages, and oversees large capital and non-capital design and construction projects (> $1,000,000) for the University from planning through the project's closeout/completion.
- The position may also be required to manage smaller deferred maintenance, special repair and departmental projects.
- Works with University Facility Planners, University Architect and project owners from project planning through project completion and turnover, assist in the preparation of technical, bidding and contractual documents, establishes project budgets and costs and negotiates contracts and change orders.
- Responsibilities include completing projects on time and within budget.
- Manages the closeout process and assures that all project deliverables are submitted timely, accurately, and in accordance with University policies and practices.
- Facilitates communication, decision making and solves problems between the project owners, construction team, architects, designers and other project stakeholders.
- Provides support to department leadership in the development and implementation of departmental guidelines, policies, procedures, programs and services related to planning and managing the physical development of the campus.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or related field and seven years of experience in management of major construction projects and/or programs or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A working knowledge of capital construction and federal, state and local building codes is required.
- Must have previous experience that demonstrates the ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational and communication skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed