- Reporting to the Director of Space Planning & Interior Design, this position provides professional guidance and oversight of the planning and concept design process for the physical features of the university campus.
- Assists in developing President's Cabinet-level project 'step one' papers, feasibility and programming studies and site selections with appropriate collaboration for capital projects.
- Develops space program, concept layouts and other planning materials for smaller in-house projects.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages, while working with campus clients, the overall administration of project programming, proposed project solutions, design of capital projects, and preparing final project design and architectural decisions for approval.
- Prepares and administers capital project budgets and works with the University Architect to ensure that project designs adhere to university aesthetic and quality standards. Works with in-house and consultant engineers to ensure function and sustainable practices are incorporated.
- Participates in the selection of project consultants and contractors, evaluates their designs and pricing estimates, prepares related contracts, establishes project goals, and works with the campus community in the planning of the physical growth of all Emory campuses.
- Shepherds capital projects through the capital development process for information and approval, drawing upon appropriate campus resources as needed.
- Coordinates design and construction efforts among user groups, Campus Services Facilities Management and other affected university departments.
- Coordinates the review of project documents with appropriate campus staff user groups and project teams.
- Provides project focused planning assistance for university offices working with institutional neighbors, university and metropolitan area transportation agencies and DeKalb County planning authorities and agencies.
- Assists appropriate Emory authorities, with guidance from University Architect, to plan utility infrastructures, maintain design and construction standards, implement exterior campus lighting and security designs, study wayfinding and accessibility needs and donor projects.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A professional Bachelor's degree in architecture, campus planning, or a related field and seven years of experience managing multiple and diverse capital projects, including master planning, facilities design and landscape planning or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- University experience and professional license preferred. Proficient in MS Project, and MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Works as a team player.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed