Emory Medical Care Foundation seeks a Senior Insurance Specialist.
- Ensures the timely resolution of medical insurance claims filed with insurance carriers and agencies.
- Handles billing related activities for assigned medical specialties; ensures appropriate coding to maximize reimbursement of claims.
- Verifies patient insurance and medicaid coverage for billing purposes.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of billing requirements for assigned medical specialties.
- May prepare physician charges for processing, using ICD-9 and CPT coding procedures.
- Determines if patient or third party is appropriate payer and posts payments to accounts.
- Identifies which accounts require immediate follow up and follows established procedures.
- Maintains required record-keeping and databases.
- Assists in training other employees on reimbursement related topics.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in medical billing.
- A knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet computer applications.