Responsible for collecting, loading, and transporting waste, recycling, and compostable materials to the Emory Recycling Center.
- Requires lifting and pulling bags/receptacles weighing from 50 to 75 pounds, in addition to mounting and dismounting a truck multiple times per shift. Supports the recording of collected material weights; must have strong organizational skills and the ability to document collections.
- Assists in facility and vehicle management maintenance. Ensures a clean, safe work environment in compliance with university standards as well as federal, state and local requirements.
- Knowledgeable of Emory University's goals for sustainability, specifically in regards to waste minimization. Responsible for sorting and handling waste, recycling, and compostable materials to ensure that all materials are disposed of properly.
- Communicates with supervisor to ensure work orders are processed on time and labor completed.
- Supports the needs of the department by being a team player and being flexible regarding route and schedule adjustments.
- Candidate must have experience operating large trucks, bailer, shredding equipment, and forklifts, or a minimum of thirty days to complete training.
- Candidate must have knowledge of HIPPA regulations and proper handling of confidential materials. Adheres to and complies with Emory University safety and security standards.
- Candidate must understand protocols set forth for bio-safety and expectations from Emory's Environmental Health and Safety Office.
- Some overtime may be required in the evenings and weekends during special event activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience. Candidate must have a valid Georgia Driver's License and an insurable driving record. Candidate must have the ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to bend, stoop, and twist. Basic understanding of HIPAA regulations preferred.