The Emory Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine is considered one of the top academic pulmonary, allergy, critical care and sleep programs in the country. Its progress has been possible due to the vision of its leaders during the 1990s, the continuing hard work and dedication of its faculty and trainees, the commitment for excellence of its staff, and the invaluable support of its partners. The division has a strong history of accomplishments and has an unyielding commitment to patient care, research and training the next generation of pulmonary, allergy, critical care and sleep medicine researchers and clinicians. The position of Research Specialist supports research efforts within the division.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules.
- Sets up experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
- May be required to participate in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and media preparation.
- Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Compiles data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology (bacterial transformation, plasmid preparations).