Emory University's Yerkes Division is seeking a Mechanical Engineer, preferably with a P.E. license, for the position of Assistant Director of the Yerkes Physical Plant.
- Responsible for building operations and maintenance, receiving and distribution of deliveries, shuttle services and vehicle operations and maintenance within the Yerkes Physical Plant unit.
- Establishes preventive maintenance program and ensures safe and efficient operations of building equipment including boilers, HVAC systems and controls, life safety systems and vehicles.
- Supervises and manages assigned staff and teams.
- Assumes leadership of the physical plant unit in the absence of the Director.
- Maintains all facilities in accordance with OSHA standards and other federal and state guidelines and mandates.
- On call 24/7.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, architecture, or engineering.
- Seven years general building/facilities maintenance experience. Ability to read blueprint.
- Must clear federal background screening for select agent work.
- Must pass medical evaluation and clearance to wear a respirator.
- Must be evaluated for immunization requirements.
- Valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record.
- A Mechanical Engineering degree and a Professional Engineering (P.E.) license.