Reporting to the Director of Clinical Partner Relations and Placement, the Group Placement Coordinator will facilitate clinical placements and credentialing for undergraduate clinical groups.
In partnership with the Director and other Clinical Affiliation Agreements, Credentialing and Placement Program Coordinators, the Group Placement Coordinator will collaborate with internal and external clinical partners to maintain current credentialing and compliance procedures.
The Coordinator will also implement effective strategies to ensure the correct messaging concerning clinical group placements and credentialing procedures reaches faculty and students in a timely and organized manner. The Coordinator will also assist in administrative tasks to support the Office of Clinical Placement.
- Assists Director in tracking compliance measures (e.g. ESS and/or ACEMAPP) prior to program start
- Monitors compliance databases for student and/or clinical instructor delinquency and follows up as necessary
- Requests and confirms placements with clinical agencies
- Supports student registration process for clinical site sign-ups in CourseLeaf and OPUS
- Ensures facility contracts are current and initiates renewal or new contract request process as needed
- Maintains files related to clinical assignments
- Communicates with nurse educators, placement coordinators, and/or automated systems (e.g. ACEMAPP and/or Symplr) to facilitate student and faculty credentialing
- Identifies and maintains current credentialing requirements of each clinical placement location (e.g. health requirements, orientation, parking, badges, EMR access, etc.)
- Initiates and executes student and faculty credentialing procedures in a timely manner
- Communicates plans for student placements in a timely manner (e.g. dates, students, hours, etc.)
- Promotes positive working relationships with faculty and clinical placement partners
- Assists Director with administrative work including, but not limited to compliance monitoring, credentialing, ordering supplies, room reservations, meeting minutes, travel bookings and expense reports.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the program and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to learn and utilize software surrounding clinical placements including Canvas, ESS, ACEMAPP, Advantage Student and Symplr
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and types of nursing
- Knowledge of basic hospital organization and hospital/clinic systems
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Exceptional computer based organizational skills including maintaining accurate and detailed reports and records
- Excellent public relations and communication skills using proper etiquette both electronically and interpersonally
- Passion for learning and acquiring new skills
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Primary duties are organizing, coordinating, and planning operational facets of a program and its related activities which include, but are not limited to the following:
- establishing long-term operational objectives,
- researching factors that may impact the success of the program, and
- working with individuals or groups to research and document program requirements in order to provide appropriate input into the development of strategic plans.
- Develops work plans to accomplish program goals and objectives and monitors progress toward their achievement.
- Conducts research and gathers information to develop various publications.
- Develops promotional materials which may include content for reports, briefings, newsletters, grants or other written information related to the program.
- Assists in developing and coordinating program-related conferences, conventions, or meetings.
- Monitors expenditures and may participate in the budget planning process and prepare financial reports.
- May assist in identifying funding resources and developing fund-raising strategies and initiatives.
- Prepares operational and statistical reports.
- Conducts training, represents the program at meetings and conferences, and networks with affiliated groups.
- May supervise assigned project staff, interns and/or volunteers. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- This is not an administrative support position.