Emory University's Registrar is seeking an Associate Registrar with at least four years of experience with student records, higher education, or related experience.
Expertise in a Registrar's office best practices pertaining to University, State, and Federal policies and compliance is highly preferred. Inclusion of a Cover Letter is strongly encouraged.
- Oversees the daily management of the Academic Support Service or Student Support Service areas within the Office of the University Registrar.
- Establishes, updates and reviews policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state, federal laws/regulations and University policies.
- May manage all academic functional staff resources related to scheduling, curriculum, space management, graduation, testing and evaluation, and transfer credit.
- Serves as the academic resource for school liaisons, faculty, academic departments and other constituents on campus.
- Maintains accuracy of data via system edits and reports.
- May manage all student functional staff resources related to registration, transcript processing, updates to student academic records, transfer credit, and Hope processing.
- Maintains accuracy of data via system edits, HEOA/Compliance and Hope.
- Assists in the design and maintenance of university student information systems by identifying user needs, proposing system modifications and enhancements and resolving system related problems.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree and four years of student records, higher education or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, supervise, train and develop staff and manage conflict resolution.
- Expertise in Registrar's office best practices, policy compliance, student systems and maintenance, process documentation, data mapping, analysis and/or reporting preferred.
- Extensive experience with and understanding of an integrated, relational database, preferably PeopleSoft Student Information Systems.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access preferred.
- A strong understanding of the FERPA as it relates to student records.
- Technological proficiency preferred.