Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Aquinas Center and as a liaison to the Candler School of Theology, serves as the management leader of the Aquinas Center.
- Primary responsibilities include overseeing and executing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
- Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach.
- Works with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization's mission.
- Has responsibility for leading the Aquinas Center in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Is responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Has responsibility for the fiscal integrity of the Aquinas Center to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and regular financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Is responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Is responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Aquinas Center's mission.
- Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Is responsible for implementation of the Aquinas Center's programs that carry out the organization's mission which includes responsibility for strategic planning to ensure that the Aquinas Center can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Also has responsibility for the enhancement and marketing of the Aquinas Center's image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate which includes responsibility for the effective administration of the Aquinas Center's operations; hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff; signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization; and building relationships within Emory University to develop academic relationships and constituents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Preferred qualifications include:
Knowledge of and engagement with the Catholic intellectual traditions; demonstrated success in fundraising and building donor relationships in the non-profit sector; marketing/publicity and event/program management; budgetary preparation, analysis and decision-making experience; experience building diverse community collaborations which may include interfaith organizations, the Archdiocese of Atlanta, Emory University and the Catholic community of Atlanta; and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of related administrative experience which includes five years of leadership experience. Master's degree preferred.