This is a full-time position that will directly interact with patients with serious chronic illness and their family members in clinical settings, and thus candidates must have formal education/training in nursing, public health, social work, psychology or other social sciences or related area.
- Must be able to travel between the School of Nursing and study clinics;
- Flexibility in work hours is required, e.g., willingness to work in the evening and/or on Saturday to accommodate study participants’ needs;
- Must have the manual dexterity and visual acumen to use desktop PCs or laptops and audio-recording devices;
- Must have good hearing and a clear speaking voice for telephone-based interviews and data collection;
- Proficiency in MS Office required;
- Previous human subject research preferred;
- Experience with REDCap preferred;
- Recruits, screens, identifies, contacts, and interviews participants to obtain data for assigned research projects.
- Interviews may be conducted in person, in a clinical setting, the subject's residence, or by telephone.
- Coordinates the data collection process. May abstract data from the participant's medical record.
- Schedules appointments, obtains consent forms, explains the study to the participant and collects data.
- May observe participants and record results of observation through written documentation or video recording.
- Edits completed questionnaires for completeness, legibility and accuracy.
- Follows up with participants to obtain missing data or clarify existing data.
- Designs forms, worksheets and study questionnaires.
- May code and enter data into a database.
- Compiles data and produces reports to be used for analysis of research findings.
- May monitor blood pressure and heart rate and may take vital signs and height/weight measurements.
- May collect blood, saliva, or urine samples from participants and prepare them for laboratory testing.
- Provides direction to others engaged in the interviewing process.
- Maintains required record-keeping. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of administrative support, customer service or other related experience which includes one year of interviewing experience.
- Data entry experience. Positions that require drawing blood require completion of a phlebotomy training program.