In the General Accounting and Audit area, the Senior Financial Analyst (I) has the following key responsibilities and job duties:
- Review all new contracts for revenue recognition methodology and ensure revenue is recognized per policy.
- Prepare and update documentations of all revenue related activities as per company procedures.
- Provide guidance for Chart of Account design and usage to campus users.
- Work with EFS Compass Financial System training team and Salesforce support teams to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of Chart of Account related content in campus training materials, job aids, and webinars.
- Maintain decision trees to support the Chart of Account standards, including the Finance website, policies, procedures, and forms.
- Prepare Journal Entries for Affiliates and Independent Operations, and complete monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare Journal Entries including maintenance of recurring journal entries and allocations.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and explain variances.
- Review and clear suspense accounts.
- Assist in month-end and fiscal year-end closing. Work closely with both internal and external audits in interim and final review of the company financial records.
- Maintain/update the Financial Transaction Controls document.
- Manage the General Accounting queue in Financial Support Center.
- Review and process new account, project and chartfield requests.
- Work collaboratively with school and department representatives to ensure that the Chart of Account is used within the guidelines.
- Help streamline and improve accurate financial data for tracking, reporting, and decision-making.
- Analyzes data and reports, identifies and summarizes trends, develops executive summaries and financial modeling as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field and 6 years of financial analyst or accounting experience, OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- 7 years of professional accounting or financial analysis experience, CPA or working towards a CPA.
- Experience with revenue recognition.