Emory School of Nursing invites applications for a full-time Project Coordinator position to manage study sites and staff and oversee the day to day operations of a federally-funded research study entitled, “An Effectiveness Implementation Trial of SPIRIT in ESRD ” This is a randomized controlled trial that will test an end-of-life communication intervention, SPIRIT (Sharing the Patient’s Illness Representations to Increase Trust) for individuals with ESRD and their family caregivers or surrogate decision makers. This grant will last until March 2022. This position is for someone who is experienced in managing clinical trials.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
(1.) High School Diploma or GED and five years of clinical research experience. OR
(2.) Two years of college in a scientific, health related, or business administration program and three years clinical research experience OR
(3.) Licensed as a practical nurse (LPN) and two years clinical research experience OR
(4.) Bachelor's degree in a scientific, health related, or business administration related program and one year of clinical research experience OR
(5.) Master's degree, MD or PhD in a scientific, health related or business administration progra.
SPECIFIC JOB DETAILS:
Project Coordinator responsibilities, under direction of the PI and Research Projects Manager, include:
(1) managing, supervising, coordinating, and training all interviewers/data collectors, recruiters, other staff members and graduate students,
(2) coordinating and monitoring research activities and performances,
(3) developing and maintaining standard operating procedures, data booklets, training manuals, and human subjects protection documents,
(4) supervising screening, recruiting, consenting, enrolling, scheduling, interviewing, and retaining of subjects, and participating in those research activities as needed
(5) managing and maintaining budgetary and project records,
(6) overseeing data management and generating weekly and monthly study progress reports,
(7) coordinating data and safety monitoring activities,
(8) coordinating investigator site visits, and
(9) participating in NIH progress reports, scientific presentations and publications as needed.
(1) Previous experience in managing a randomized clinical trial for at least 2 years.
(2) Proficiency in REDCap; that is, can build and manage a study REDCap for scheduling and tracking, and data forms.
(3) Proficiency in excel; that is, can use excel effectively for data visualization, tracking, and reports and dashboards, e.g. pivot tables, using functions or macros, Gantt charts.
(4) Proficiency in SPSS (or other equivalent statistical software, such as SAS, STATA, or R); that is, at minimum, can perform descriptive data analysis and interpret the results.
Physical effort: Must be able to travel between the School of Nursing and participating clinics. Must have the manual dexterity and visual acumen to use desktop PCs or laptops and audio-recording devices. Must have good hearing and a clear speaking voice since this study includes interview and telephone data collection.