- Advises international students, scholars, faculty, their dependents, administrators, and staff regarding federal immigration and employment regulations, Emory resources, and related matters.
- Serves as a DSO and ARO for Emory and performs associated duties.
- Represents Emory in petitions, applications and/or communications with federal, state, and local agencies, including but not limited, to the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Labor, Department of State, Georgia Department of Driver Services, and Social Security Administration.
- Advises Emory departments/divisions on recruiting, hosting/hiring, and maintaining the status of foreign nationals in F-1, J-1, H-1B, E-3, O-1 and TN immigration status and for permanent residence.
- May handle employment-based immigration cases, including statuses such as H-1B, E-3, O-1, TN and permanent residency, etc. Analyzes, creates, develops, implements, and evaluates services, workshops, and programming for international students, scholars, employees, and their hiring/hosting departments.
- Collaborates with various campus partners to improve services offered to Emory's international population.
- Plans and executes pre-arrival and orientation programs and events.
- Creates, revises, and reviews communications, including forms, templates, web pages, and letters as needed.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
> A bachelor's degree in student personnel administration, international studies or a related field. Two years of related work experience. A master's degree is preferred.
> Must be able to serve as an expert Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) and meet government eligibility requirements. Demonstrated ability to learn and understand ever-changing complex federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to foreign nationals and effectively communicate to others.
> Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills. Must be able to work with a diverse population in a professional manner, maintaining high levels of customer service, cross-cultural sensitivity, and discretion in handling confidential information. Experience using the Sunapsis international office module and PeopleSoft preferred. Proficiency and experience in handling employment-based petitions such as H-1B, E-3 and permanent residency and experience living, studying, or working in a country different from one's own desirable.