The Marketing and Digital Strategy team consists of marketing, social media, and digital strategists with a passion to engage and persuade alumni and constituents to invest in the work of Emory. The Associate Director will focus on social media strategy and manage all alumni social media accounts. This position will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing for Marketing Strategy.
- Guides the social media and digital advertising strategy for Advancement and Alumni Engagement.
- Develops and creates comprehensive social media and digital advertising plans designed to grow followers across all AAE social media platforms, drive increased engagement with events and programs, increase giving to broad campaigns, and tell the story of the impact of the University.
- Develops original social media content (written, design, and video), social media tool kits, and other supportive materials that support division strategic goals, broadens exposure, or promotes the image/brand.
- Serves as the social media and digital advertising subject matter expert for AAE.
- Provides guidance and trains division staff on leveraging social media.
- Generates and tracks social media posts for AAE leadership.
- Stays abreast of latest trends in social media, marketing, video, technologies and digital strategies.
- Liaises with social media managers across the division/University to ensure a coordinated social media strategy. Evaluates the impact of social media strategy and digital advertising to drive future enhancements.
- Works with external vendors.
- Monitors project budgets.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Associate Director may be required to:
- Develop channel-specific strategies to engage target audiences.
- Identify, develop, and retain relationships or partnerships across the division and the university.
- Manage relationships and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Generate text, graphics, and video content.
- A bachelor's degree and three years of professional experience social media and digital advertising management OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training.
- Cover Letter Required for Consideration
- Successful candidates will possess strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience in digital storytelling, philanthropic, advancement, donor recognition, alumni engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
- Experience working with various technologies including strong skills in Falcon.io, Adobe Creative Suite, design and video editing software, advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, mass email applications, database and project management software, web reporting/analysis, and CRM systems.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and navigate a complex work environment.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service, the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and comfort working with ambiguity.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion. Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
- Prior experience in advancement, fundraising, alumni engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
The role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.