Provides each Research Administration Services (RAS) unit with a dedicated staff member to provide guidance, quality control, and communication. Serves as a faculty advocate, RAS ambassador, and problem-solver with dual reporting to the RAS AVP and the local RAS Director.
- Collaborates with RAS administrators to identify problems and facilitate a timely resolution.
- Develops and maintains relationships with PIs, focusing on both the RAS contact and interactions throughout the research administration supply chain.
- Provides support to faculty to access and understand research administration systems and procedures (research administration onboarding).
- Leads and facilitates or assists in the resolution of PI problems or concerns.
- Serves as the key point of contact/navigator for multi-PI awards across RAS units.
- Coordinates communication for cross-cutting/collaborative proposals and/or awards.
- Proactively presents proposals for system/service improvements to RAS leadership, including the RAS process improvement Board (RAS Analyze Plan Implement Disseminate or RAPID).
- Serves as a liaison to ORA Dragon Team (devoted to continuously identifying, investigating, and prioritizing challenges related to research operations at Emory), as appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with RAS leaders and staff to ensure faculty needs and expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- Communicates challenges, issues, and/or delays throughout the ORA supply chain.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of business management, research administration, or related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to resolve complex problems.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Superior problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and Cayuse experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing and developing direct reports.
- Experience with NIH and other agencies' pre-award proposal submission and post-award management duties.
- A strong aptitude for and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with faculty, staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills; specifically, the ability to analyze/interpret data and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated process improvement and project management experience.
- Direct experience in one or more areas of research administration.
- Experience implementing business process improvements using Lean, Six Sigma, or Kaizen.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.