The Procurement Specialist in the Chemistry Stockroom will primarily be responsible for (a) the replenishment purchasing of Chemistry Stockroom inventory and (b) the direct purchasing of supplies/equipment for Chemistry faculty.
This position will have face-to-face interactions with Chemistry Stockroom customers and must be able to effectively communicate with a diverse community of faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students.
- The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the administrative support of developing, executing, planning and managing continuous delivery of materials to guarantee accurate and timely on-hand quantities.
- Assists faculty in procuring lab consumables via Emory Express.
- Tracks and processes vendor invoices, confirms costs and anticipates delivery dates.
- Evaluates supplier capabilities regarding quality, technology, service, and timeliness; reconciles discrepancies in invoicing and goods receipts as necessary.
- Collaborates with vendors to ensure a positive working relationship.
- Works with Strategic Procurement Services to support negotiations for selected supplier agreements.
- Acts as liaison between suppliers and involved faculty to resolve procurement related problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Two years of college coursework in business management or related field plus two years of professional procurement experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Travel coordination experience required, at least three years of experience in booking international and domestic travel is preferred.
- Emory Express, EBI and PeopleSoft Financials experience is highly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- The Chemistry Stockroom is a university-wide resource that provides access to stocked teaching and research supplies.
- Education or experience in the sciences is preferred.
- We desire prior experience working in Higher Education.
- This role will not focus on travel arrangements, reimbursements, journal submissions, or other departmental accounting functions.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.