The Campus Compact Evening Activities Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day operations of three busy, multi-purpose student center facilities, several outdoor activity spaces, and other Campus Life spaces which provide an array of programs and services to the university community. Provides assistance in the implementation of community standards, supervision, and response to behavior within assigned units with Campus Life during the evening and nighttime hours, in support of the Emory Campus Compact and goals of Campus Life. Provides front-line, professional staff level support to student staff working overnight, namely Campus Proctors. Conducts duty tours of outdoor spaces that are adjacent to residential facilities and in and outside of the Emory Student Center (ESC). This is a time limited, benefits eligible 1 year appointment
- Provides initial in-person response to duty calls placed during the hours in which the incumbent in this position is at work.
- Responds to violations of the social contract, health and wellness concerns, and student conduct incidents.
- Provides daily accurate reports regarding community standards violations.
- Assists in upholding University policies, procedures, and behavioral expectations of residents.
- Notifies appropriate parties on a nightly basis of any and all issues related to student concerns, safety and security, and wellbeing.
- Ensures student staff are in compliance with University Campus Compact.
- Assists with student hiring processes, performance evaluations, and student staff recognition.
- Attends weekly Residence, Sorority, and Fraternity Life meetings and trainings during academic year summer and winter intersession periods.
- Conducts outcomes-based educational programs and outreach to students during the evening and/or overnight hours on the topics of Emory Campus Compact.
- Communicates directly with students to help them maintain a safe environment.
- Monitors the environment by conducting rounds of the Student Center and reporting issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Monitoring and enforcement of student conduct code (including COVID-19 compact), university policies, and departmental policies
- Coordinate monitoring of COVID-19 compact with other departments, including Residence Life, to insure staff coverage of all Campus Life facilities
- Management of room reservation set-ups and equipment;
- Media and technical support as needed under the direction of manager of A/V production
- Assist in the supervision and student development of over 30 student managers, desk associates, and production associates in the Student Center
- Assistance with the oversight of Campus Life facilities including regular rounds/inspections, communication of facility repair needs as appropriate, student shift scheduling/communications, etc.
- Liaison with other Campus Life departments, the campus dining provider, Campus Services staff, Emory Police Department, and other campus partners
- Assistance with appearance and cleanliness of the facilities
- A bachelor's degree and one year of experience working in a college or university student residential environment and setting; previous experience in a student employee capacity, such as an Orientation Leader, Resident Advisor, Community Advisor, Sophomore Advisor etc. will be considered for this position.
- Ability to walk, lift up to twenty-five pounds, bend, stoop and twist. Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record; must be insurable.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.