The incumbent for this position will join the Laboratory Solutions Team within the Emory Libraries and IT Services Division. The Laboratory Solutions team is in charge of implementing biospecimen sample management and banking configurations in the Emory Enterprise LIMS platform, for a variety of clinical and research laboratories within Emory University and Emory Healthcare organizations, as well as key collaborating entities.
The incumbent should have experience in the implementation of complex, enterprise-level relational database information systems. The Informatics Analyst I should be familiar with standard Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) requirements and processes. Responsibilities related to system implementation projects will include: responsibility for requirements collection and elaboration, system configuration and testing, user training and post-implementation system support. Must have a clear understanding of medical information privacy and security requirements. The incumbent should have experience working within a multi-disciplinary project team, following established implementation patterns, being a positive collaborator in the maintenance and development of implementation techniques and contributing to the ongoing support of the deployed application.
- Implementation of the Emory Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) across a variety of clinical and research laboratories within the Emory University and Emory Healthcare systems as well as key collaborating entities.
- Interact with the clients/stakeholders to understand and elaborate system requirements.
- Work with senior members of the Implementation Team to perform system implementation and support activities.
- Participate in the development and extension of the overall Emory LIMS application within the Emory enterprise architecture.
- Work as a positive team member of a project that may consist of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Data Managers, Database Administrators and customer laboratory staff to successfully implement and support the LIMS application for a wide variety of laboratories.
- Manage workload effectively and report status of tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure software development standards, enterprise patterns and components and Quality Assurance procedures are utilized in software development projects.
- Communicate with stakeholders in requirements and design process
- Interact with users to provide on-going operational support.
- A Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience with SQL in a major RDBMA, and experience working with relational databases.
- Technical certification preferred.
- Experience with clinical or research laboratory operations
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Good communication skills - verbal, written and presentation - to be able to interact with the clients/stakeholders
- Experience with Business Process analysis and documentation
- Familiarity with understanding software implementation processes
- Familiarity with standard Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies
- Understanding of relational database structures
- Experience working with RDBMS like Oracle, Microsoft SQL server or MySQL database
- Experience with development and execution of SQL scripting
- Knowledge of Software Testing and Validation
- Understanding of principles of enterprise-level software support
- Knowledge of Healthcare information security principles and regulations
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.