The Emory Campus Life Assistant Manager of Staff Development and Engagement is responsible for contributing to and delivering on a strategy to maximize training, development, engagement, and retention for employees across the division of Campus Life. Reporting to the Campus Life Senior Human Resources Manager, the role includes the efficient planning, organizing, and executing of employee training programs; planning and delivering employee engagement and celebration activities; and contributing to positive institutional and cultural change.
- Conducts organization-wide training needs assessments and identifies skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Meets regularly with Campus Life leadership to review assessment results, training and staff development goals, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborates with department heads and management on programs that will maximize employee development, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Maps out, designs, and conducts annual training plans and programs for all Campus Life staff, from front-line employees to senior-level managers.
- Consults with Campus Life departments on department-specific trainings, convenes department-level trainers, conducts training inventories, and keeps training schedules.
- Selects appropriate training methods or activities -- e.g., simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes, in-person, and online trainings.
- Tracks participation and regularly assesses the effectiveness of trainings and programs.
- Administers employee engagement and other staff surveys; analyzes and presents the data.
- Markets available training to employees and provides necessary information about sessions.
- Plans, organizes, and executes employee engagement activities and celebrations, from concept to finish, in consultation with Campus Life leadership.
- Uses sound educational principles and stays up-to-date on new training methods and techniques.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of Campus Life senior staff and all-staff meetings.
- Ensures details are handled as planned.
- Creates a budget and maintains all organized programs and activities.
- Fills in for the Campus Life Senior Human Resources Manager when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- A master's degree in student affairs, human resources, adult education, organizational development or related field, and three years of experience designing and leading trainings in an HR and/or student affairs environment.
- Minimum of two years of employee engagement and event organizing experience.
- Well-versed in training design and training needs analysis.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee