Serves as a primary subject matter expert for Information Security requirements across multiple IT Compliance regulations such as NIST 800-171, GDPR, GLBA, CMMC and HIPAA. Works with the key stakeholders to review the contract requirements to identify and recommend the controls and activities necessary to comply with the regulations. Works with IT personnel to determine and document information security requirements and controls necessary for the protection of information containing ePHI and PII.
Prepares information security compliance reports, and other documentation. Oversees related risk assessment, audit readiness, risk management, and vulnerability management activities spanning across multiple business units. Tracks documentation and findings using GRC tool- Archer. Stays informed about the latest security threats and vulnerabilities.
Security certifications that are most relevant for this position include:
- GSEC – GIAC Security Essentials Certification
- GSNA – GIAC Systems and Network Auditor
- CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- HCISSP – Healthcare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner
- CHPSE – Certified HIPAA Privacy and Security Expert
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
- Technical and thought-leadership responsibilities for multiple information security disciplines such as incident response, vulnerability management, intrusion detection and prevention, threat hunting, security operations, security policy, and awareness/education.
- Oversees information security incident response activities, risk assessment and risk management activities, and vulnerability assessment and vulnerability management activities spanning University and Healthcare business units.
- Manages detailed network, operating system, database, and application vulnerability assessments and security configuration audits. Manages information security initiatives.
- Oversees operational tasks supporting information security functions such as intrusion detection and prevention, security event log analysis, management reporting, malware prevention and remediation, encryption, network segmentation, remote access, cloud security, and authentication.
- Supports, maintains, monitors, troubleshoots and enhances security infrastructure tools, methodologies, software, and hardware. Drafts and reviews information security policies, processes, and procedures.
- Prepares information security awareness and education materials and other documentation.
- Determines and documents information security requirements and controls necessary for the protection of information resources. Provides guidance and assistance regarding information security matters such as the interpretation of information security policies and requirements or their applicability to particular situations.
- Independently develops automated tools and methodologies in support of Information Security functions.
- Analyzes data from Information Security functions and provides reports and recommended response actions to Information Security management.
- Represents Information Security to other organizations on information security related matters, as assigned.
- Publishes regular status reports and submits to management.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of related IT experience including demonstrated technical expertise in multiple information security domains, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent team participation skills, as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strongly preferred qualifications include knowledge of information security technologies, methodologies, and best practices in the domains of: security incident response, vulnerability assessment and management, intrusion detection and prevention, system administration (Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.), security administration of networks, operating systems, databases and applications, access control, encryption, firewalls and proxies, networking, security event log analysis, malware prevention and remediation, cloud technologies, programming/scripting, and risk assessment and management.
- Security certifications are a plus (e.g. SANS/GIAC, CISSP, CISA, CISM).
- Expert level knowledge of NIST 800-171, GDPR, GLBA, CMMC, HIPAA requirements.
- Strong experience conducting risk assessment and remediation efforts or equivalent audit experience
- Experience using enterprise IT governance, risk, and compliance tools such as Archer
- Experience managing projects/initiatives within a large distributed environment
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and documentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills are critical to the success of this position
- Experience establishing interdepartmental relationships
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.