Within Emory University’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) organization, the Salesforce Administrator leads configuration and administration of the Salesforce platform to support and advance Emory University’s mission. The Salesforce platform is used across the university to support critical research administration processes, investigator-led and program-wide research endeavors, and other core functions for Emory University.
Working as part of the Salesforce Competency Center within the Application Development and Integration group, the Salesforce Admin partners with peer developers, business analyst, and architects in delivering the highest quality Salesforce applications, establishing patterns, standards and best practices, and maturing the OIT Salesforce ecosystem. The incumbent collaborates with Emory’s world class researchers, physicians, students, and staff to help advance discoveries in health sciences and other disciplines, support the dissemination of knowledge, and improve the education of learners throughout the Emory Community.
- Leads software projects.
- Works with other developers to architect and design the individual project as well as implement the critical components.
- Projects and applications may include Web and Grid services oriented systems; portal environments; client-server based applications; applications that manage, integrate, and analyze large scale databases; applications and middleware infrastructure that provide federated, secure access to multiple applications and databases; knowledge management and integration systems; and systems for high performance databases and analysis applications.
- Serve as a primary system administrator for multiple Salesforce orgs & environments
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, validation rules, workflows, Process Builder, Flows and other routine tasks
- Able to work with Triggers, VF, Lightning and other basic development tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Perform fit-gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and client requirements
- Translate business requirements into Salesforce solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed Salesforce solutions.
- Architects and implements interoperable middleware components, data models, and interfaces for integration of multiple software systems, applications, and databases.
- Develops and integrates software for secure and controlled access to application components and databases.
- Designs and implements graphical user interfaces for components of a software system and for applications.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and three years of software engineering or related experience.
- A master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred. Strong programming skills in Java, C++, object oriented-design, XML, SQL and database development.
- Experience with software engineering best practices such as software design patterns, requirements gathering, version control, automated testing, and configuration management is required.
- Experience with service oriented architectures, web services, Grid technologies, distributed computing strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of 2 years of Salesforce Administrator/Developer experience
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and products (Sales, Service, Marketing Clouds)
- Active Salesforce certifications (Admin required, advanced admin preferred, Platform App Builder a plus)
- Salesforce Administrator/Developer experience:
- Administration of users and role hierarchy
- Defining and managing security model and controls
- Configuring page layouts, workflows, validation rules, record types
- Experience with Process Builder and Flow
- Creating and maintaining reports and dashboards
- Managing multiple sandbox environments
- Deployment using SFDX
- Trigger, VF and Lightning
- Experience working on different projects simultaneously, and capable of cultivating collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills with a proven ability interacting with all levels of management, stakeholders, support personnel, and customers.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.