Prioritizes and dispatches information to police, administrative officials, emergency medical technicians, traffic enforcement personnel or staff to initiate responses to crimes, fires, injuries, accidents, requests for service and other emergency and non-emergency incidents.
- Logs calls, monitors alarms and access control systems, and operates multiple computer systems.
- Tracks personnel/vehicle locations and coordinates responses.
- Operates communications equipment and processes criminal history information in accordance with federal and state law.
- Maintains and is accountable for the handling of confidential information on a local, state and international level.
- Serves as an information resource for university police department and police administrators.
- Maintains required record-keeping.
- May operate a switchboard.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of customer service, law enforcement or dispatch/telecommunications experience.
- Ability to meet background investigation requirements which include a criminal history check.
- Ability to meet P.O.S.T. certification standards within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to complete requirements for GCIC (Georgia Crime Information Center) terminal operator certifications as required by federal and state law.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Campus Location (For Posting) : Location
CS Emory University Police
Location : Name
Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor
Public Safety & Security
Requisition Post Information* : External Company Name